Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where you can list any kind of top 10 that is related to books, authors, and reading in general.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Favourite Books With X Setting. The setting I’ve picked is Turkey, because I love to read books that are set there – both modern-day Turkey and the Ottoman Empire.
- Honour – Elif Shafak
- The Dervish – Frances Kazan
- The Gaze – Elif Shafak
- The Bastard of Istanbul – Elif Shafak
- The Forty Rules of Love – Elif Shafak
- My Name is Red – Orhan Pamuk
- The Sultan’s Seal – Jenny White
- The Abyssinian Proof – Jenny White
- The Winter Thief – Jenny White
I suppose I haven’t managed to be more creative and diverse when it comes to this week’s authors, but each and every book on my list is just beautiful and in each case the setting really adds something wonderful to the story.
Do you have a favourite setting for the books that you read?