Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where you can list any kind of top 10 that is related to books, authors, and reading in general.
This week’s TTT is: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. I have to admit that I cry easily, over books, series, films, and even ads on TV if I’m honest. So you’d think that compiling a list of ten books that made me cry would be easy for me, but it was surprisingly difficult. So, without further ado, here are my picks:
- The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul – Deborah Rodrigues
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- Mornings in Jenin – Susan Abulhawa
- Sarah’s Key – Tatiana de Rosnay
- Dear Fatty – Dawn French
- How Do You Want Me? – Ruby Wax
- Love Life – Kluun (which is a shitty title. The original Dutch title’s much better)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Jonathan Safran Foer
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling
Which books make you bawl your eyes out?